Industry News

Rwanda’s New Northern Route Planned

In Rwanda, a US$66 million deal has been signed for construction work on a road running from Base and through Butaro to Kidaho. The 63km stretch road is intended to improve transport connections in the north of the country. The work on this road will boost the...

Kuwait’s Ring Road Project 27pc Completed

The work linked to construction and maintenance of roads and intersections on the Seventh Ring Road was progressing at a steady pace with nearly 27 per cent of the project already completed, said a report. On completion, the 21.8-km-long Seventh Ring Road will link...

Besix Unit Seals Dubai Bridge Infrastructure Seal

Belhasa Six Construct, part of the Belgian Besix Group, has been appointed as the infrastructure contractor for the recently announced Dh394 million ($107 million) Shindagha Bridge Project in Dubai, UAE. The bridge is part of the ongoing Dh5.035 billion Shindagha...

Russian Road Projects for St Petersburg and Moscow

Contractor VAD now looks likely to carry out rebuilding work for the northern stretch of St Petersburg’s Ring Road. This section of the ring road runs between the Priozerskoye Highway and the Western High-Speed Diameter route. VAD’s bid for the 14.3km stretch has...

Zojila Tunnel Update

On 19.05.2018 the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, attended the Closing Ceremony of the Birth Centenary Celebration of the 19th Kushok Bakula Rinpoche in Leh and he unveiled a plaque to mark the start of work on the Zojila Tunnel. The 14 km long Zojila tunnel will...

California Highway Upgrades

A series of highway upgrades are being planned for the Bay Area in northern California, with the necessary state financing now being secured. Interstate 101 is to benefit from the construction of additional tolled lanes in a project costing US$233 million, which is...

Cabinet Approves Zojila Pass Tunnel Project

The Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved the construction of Asia's longest bi-directional Zojila Pass tunnel at an estimated cost of Rs 6,089 crore, which will reduce the travel time through Zojila Pass to 15 minutes from the current 3.5 hours. The Cabinet Committee...

Australia Highway Project Funding Found

Funding has been secured to pay for the Gympie bypass project in Queensland, Australia. The 26km project is expected to cost US$ 767.4 million (A$1 billion) in all. The Australian Government will provide 80% of the funding required, with the remaining 20% being...