Contracts to construct new stretches of road and tunnels forming part of the North-South Corridor (NSC) project have been awarded by Singapore’s Land Transport Authority (LTA). When complete in 2026, the NSC will improve connections between Singapore’s city centre and its northern areas. The link will be Singapore’s first integrated transport link, combining the new road connection for motor vehicles with dedicated bus lanes and cycling facilities.

A contract worth close to US$603 million will be carried out by the South Korean company Samsung C&T Corp. This deal will be for the construction of a 1.4km tunnel that will form part of the NSC. The tunnel will run between Marymount Lane and Toa Payoh Rise, with construction due to start towards the end of 2018.

Meanwhile a joint venture partnership has been awarded the $412.4 million package of works for the N103 section of the North-South Corridor (NSC) expressway by the LTA. This project also includes building a tunnel, which will measure 640m long and connect Suffolk Walk and Kampong Java Road. The joint venture comprises Hong Kong-based Leighton Asia with 70% of the project and Singapore firm Yongnam Holdings with the remaining 30%.

Source